As a Limousine Operator, would you like to know if you are naturally gifted with Entrepreneurship intelligence?
Or you will have to work harder than most? Silicon Valley has the answer for you.As a Business owner and CEO of your limousine service, the following traits suggest that you will have a good chance of success: Openness, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, Neuroticism and Fluid Intelligence.
1) Openness – A high openness score means you are open minded. You listen to the ideas of others and are willing to learn from them. When I was the President and CEO of A Royal Livery Limousine Service, my company became the top female owned Limousine Service in Toronto because I had an open mind.
Every year I attended the National Limousine Association convention and learned and implemented new ideas from the operators who were having success in the USA.
2) Conscientiousness – Doing what is right. Integrity and honesty fit into this natural ability as well. Conscientious Operators run their companies diligently, solving their customers’ transportation related problems.
3) Extraversion – We have heard a lot about extroversion as it relates to successful CEO’s. True—in order to sell, you must like people and be comfortable around them. As operators, you don’t need to be an extrovert, but your drivers should be extroverts. Hire correctly for this role. The sales person who answers your inbound calls also should be an extrovert.
4) Agreeableness – Are you compassionate, warm and considerate? People do business with people they like. Agreeableness does not mean you must be nice all the time. As a business owner, you must be able to also be straightforward with customers and employees and to replace the ones who do not conform to your mission.
Customers who rent your limousine service are doing so to have fun for a Prom, wedding or night on the town. Even corporate travelers would prefer an agreeable driver or representative of your company to a disagreeable one.
5) Neuroticism – A good indication of Entrepreneurial success is to score low on the neuroticism test. Neuroticism is defined as the tendency of an individual to experience negative emotions such as anxiety, hostility, depression, impulsiveness and vulnerability. Limousine operators must be emotionally stable, self-confident, calm in the presence of chaos, even tempered and relaxed.
The limousine service is full of challenges. Limousines break down; customers are late and that affects other bookings, weather delays, customers screaming on the phone, are just a few of the problems that an operator can expect.
You, the business owner, must be emotionally stable and continue to operate in excellence in crises. Sometimes how you respond to customer problems is what makes them a customer for life.
6) Fluid Intelligence – This refers to the ability to rapidly learn and apply a rule. Entrepreneurs deal with different issues all day. As a start-up operator they wear many different hats. The ability to switch from one issue to another is very important and is a skill that cannot be learned. Fluid Intelligence is considered the most revealing test for success. If you get stuck and can’t switch roles, you cannot lead and become an Enterprise. //LD
Myrna Morris Young is a Certified Business Coach. She was awarded Entrepreneur of the Year in 1998 for her leadership of A Royal Livery Limousine Service. Myrna now Helps operators design a social media marketing platform, set up Blogs and design their competitive marketing edge. Her company is MyHelps Inc. Call today for your free strategy session at (888) 569-3182 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her on the web http://www.myhelps.us.