Lisa’s main focus is the editorial content and many of the new features and departments of the brand.
Latest posts by LimoDigestMag (see all)
When you hire a car for any occasion, the first thing people consider is all the luxury amenities
that should be included. Of course, hiring a luxury car for a memorable event is trendy and a symbol of status. While these things certainly add to your experience, there is one more important element that you need to consider: your safety. Your safety is more important than your status.
Unfortunately, not every company or driver takes the responsibility or adheres to the safety regulations that are required by the industry. Therefore, when you do hire a limousine, it’s imperative that you follow a list of your requirements, talk to the company and have clear paperwork.
Besides this, here are a few safety tips and guidelines:
- Make sure the limousine car company you were hiring must be registered and have proper documentation proof.
- Check the car properly and ask the company for the exact car that they will provide you for the occasion. Be sure of all the specifications.
- It is important to check with industry association company to make sure the company you are choosing is a reputable one.
- Ask for a written document ASAP after leaving your deposit.
- Ask the company if they regularly drug test their drivers.
- Do not leave any valuable items in the limousine—the company is never responsible for anything.
- You can ask for the driver to keep the privacy screen down at all costs for the entire ride.
- If you are booking a limousine for occasions such as weddings, or any other big occasion, do not book the limousine to its maximum space.This will make for a very uncomfortable ride.
- Limousines can have disruption or failures, too. Be prepared for that. Talk to your service provider in advance regarding the arrangement of a backup ride if such a situation arises.
So remember: all that glitters is not gold. Just because a limousine has shiny alloy wheels or a beautiful, glistening exterior does not mean they follow all the safety rules. It is your right to ask the right questions to the company so that you can have the safest ride to and from your important event. So ride safe! //LD