The vast majority of limousine business owners and fleet managers think of the investment in GPS vehicle tracking technology as an expense. If used as the technology is intended to be, this couldn't be further from the truth.
GPS vehicle tracking helps management keep drivers on task, working for you, and not themselves or someone else’s business.
- 40 miles per day saved (20 vehicles x 2 miles saved)
- 880 total miles saved per month (22 working days per month x 40 miles saved per day)
- $748 saved (880 miles x $0.85 vehicle cost/maintenance/etc. per mile driven)
- $13 or 4 gallons of fuel saved per day (20 vehicles each saving .2
gallons per day x $3.25 per gal)
- $286 saved per month in reduced mileage ($13 x 22 working days)
- 15 minutes per truck per day (equivalent of three, 5 minute idle stops)
- 110 hours of reduced idling per month (15 mins x 20 vehicles x 22 working days/60)
- 55 gal saved per month (.5 gal per hour fuel burned x 110 hours)
- $178 saved in reduced idle time per month (55 gal per month x $3.25 per gal)
- 5 Minutes of labor saved per day (25 minutes per week or 1.7 hours per month)
- $25.50 per employee per month (1.7 hours x $15 per hour)
- $510.00 in reduced labor per month ($25.50 x 20 employees)
Ryan Driscoll has served as Marketing Director for GPS Insight since 2009. In this position, he is responsible for all marketing and PR activities. He works diligently to be a trusted advisor that provides thoughtful leadership in the areas of GPS tracking and fleet management. He is a graduate of Arizona State University, where he received a BS degree in Marketing.
For more information about GPS Insight, please visit www.gpsinsight.com.