The all-new 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class has raised the bar yet again
within the automotive industry, featuring new levels of craftsmanship,
refinement, and overall luxury.
Some of the new standard equipment includes 20 more horsepower, rearview camera, Panorama Sunroof, All-LED lighting (entire vehicle, inside/out), Keyless Start, and Magic Vision Control. With its beautiful interior craftsmanship that features heated armrests and hot stone seating massage, ionized air purification via the Air Balance Package, first-class rear-seat luxury, and a Burmester sound system, its character and overall presence is unmatched. It also includes an intelligent suspension system called Magic Body Control, which sees the road ahead and adjusts the suspension accordingly.
“Every time we introduce a new generation, we have the opportunity to deliver more power, greater efficiency and unmatched safety, backed with an improved value proposition,” said Steve Cannon, president and CEO of Mercedes-Benz USA. “Not only is the new S-Class the most intelligent car on the road, it’s also a smart choice.”
Mercedes-Benz focuses on real-world safety with the goal of accident-free driving, and the S-Class offers a portfolio of more than 30 standard and optional active and passive safety technologies called Intelligent Drive.
For example, the Driver Assistance Package offers the following content:
- Distronic Plus with Steering Assist: Radar-based cruise control system with semi-autonomous steering inputs that can work from 0-124 mph depending on road conditions.
- Pre-Safe Brake: Autonomously brakes the vehicle up to 31 mph with or without driver input, and can partially mitigate accidents up to 45 mph.
- Pre-Safe Plus: Rear-facing radar that senses possible rear collisions and prepares the vehicle for a possible secondary incident into an active intersection.
- BAS Plus with Cross Traffic Assist: Reads cross-traffic encounters with stereoscopic cameras and adds appropriate brake assistance to prevent an incident in an active intersection.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Protection: One-sided braking.
Other Intelligent Drive safety features include Attention Assist and Night View Assist Plus with human and animal detection. For more information, visit www.mbusa.com.